On 12 Nov 2013, at 1:07am, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2013, at 12:51am, SongbookDB <shaun_thom...@songbookdb.com> wrote:
>
>> The process works fine at first - first time around, the index is dropped
>> (this takes about 20 seconds on my test database). On subsequent loads, no
>> dropping occurs.
>
> Are you logging the result code returned from your "DROP INDEX" command ?
> Does it always return SQLITE_OK ?

I forgot to mention that 20 seconds for any SQLite command is very unusual.  I
suspect database locking, database corruption, or some other weirdness.
Therefore make sure your operations are doing what you think they're doing.

You can check what's happening using the SQLite shell tool which you can
download from the SQLite site.  Try the DROP INDEX command with that instead.
If it doesn't take 20 seconds then there's something wrong with your other
method.

Simon.