Thanks Simon

I'm not sure how to set up logging when using SQLite with as3 AIR - I'll
check in with the Adobe community.

I've downloaded and run the shell tool - re opening a database, where do
base dir paths start from? I have the sqlite3.exe in a dir called test in
my downloads folder, and the test database is called db.sbdb - typing
sqlite3 db.sbdb doesn't open it.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2013, at 1:07am, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
> > On 12 Nov 2013, at 12:51am, SongbookDB <shaun_thom...@songbookdb.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> The process works fine at first - first time around, the index is
> dropped
> >> (this takes about 20 seconds on my test database). On subsequent loads,
> no
> >> dropping occurs.
> >
> > Are you logging the result code returned from your "DROP INDEX" command
> ?  Does it always return SQLITE_OK ?
>
> I forgot to mention that 20 seconds for any SQLite command is very
> unusual.  I suspect database locking, database corruption, or some other
> weirdness.  Therefore make sure your operations are doing what you think
> they're doing.
>
> You can check what's happening using the SQLite shell tool which you can
> download from the SQLite site.  Try the DROP INDEX command with that
> instead.  If it doesn't take 20 seconds then there's something wrong with
> your other method.
>
> Simon.

Shaun Thomson
Owner - SongbookDB