On 10 Feb 2014 at 19:25, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> I don't like the idea anyway.  There should be no difference between
> double-clicking on an app and starting it by typing its name.

I would go for:

1) Warning at startup if an in-memory db is being used

2) Add .save /path/to/filename so the work can be saved

3) Add option to enable the warning in (4) (e.g. to put in .sqliterc)

4) Add warning if you ctrl-d or .quit (previously enabled, see (3))

Is all that backwards compatible? I wouldn't worry about whether the user
clicks a red button in one corner or another. If they do that, presumably they
risk corrupting their database anyway. I've never double-clicked on sqlite3 and
wouldn't expect to.

--
Cheers  --  Tim