On 10 Feb 2014, at 9:20pm, C M <cmpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I purposefully put the SQlite database file in the Dropbox folder because
> it was my intention, with this app, to allow a user to use the app on more
> than one computer and "sync" the database via Dropbox.  E.g., s/he could
> make changes to the db at home and then also from his/her office computer,
> get home, and the database would be synced.  I tried this out on two
> computers at home and it seemed to be sort of working, but I occasionally
> got conflicted copies and yet never pursued the right way to do it.
>
> But this must be a fairly commonly sought need.  The solution you propose
> where I occasionally export a copy of the db to Dropbox is great *for
> backup purposes*  but seems to exclude the possibility of syncing across
> multiple computers.  So what would you recommend?

Dropbox needs to lock the files it is writing until it has finished writing
them.  This is a perfectly reasonably request to make of an application which
plays with other application's data files.

This is not something that can be fixed inside SQLite.  To do so would prevent
all multi-access activity for SQLite databases.

Simon.