On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:20:40 -0500
C M <cmpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But this must be a fairly commonly sought need.  The solution you
> propose where I occasionally export a copy of the db to Dropbox is
> great *for backup purposes*  but seems to exclude the possibility of
> syncing across multiple computers.  So what would you recommend?

Rethink the problem.  :-)

The problem is not, actually, how to sync a SQLite database across
multiple computers.  The problem is, how to make data in a SQLite
database available at multiple locations, right?

In fact, the problem may be stated more generally, without reference to
SQLite.

If you look at it that way, one solution might be to leave the database
in one place, and route queries to that place.  Another might be to use
a DBMS with a "replication" feature that maintains synchronized copies
of the database.  Or build such a feature yourself.

It's my understanding that Firefox uses SQLite for its bookmarks, and
supports keeping bookmarks in the cloud.

Hacks borrow and artists steal.

HTH.

--jkl