On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Carlos Ferreira <car...@csiberkeley.com>wrote:

> Constantine, really useful information.
>
> Do you know if the compiled objs that may be available in Delphi are
> comparable in performance with the ones made by MS VS.

​No, sorry.​

I know there is a tool, IMPLIB to import dlls or libs that can be from
> Microsoft and create Libs to use in Delphi..Not sure how they did it in
> Embarcadero..

​I am not sure either​ but I think that the 64 bit compiler links ELF
object files. The 32 bit compiler links OMF object files and I believe that
they used their own C compiler (from CBuilder) to produce them. One also
has to reimplement some C runtime functions like malloc, free, etc. in
Delphi for the linker to find. It is not an easy task so I would recommend
linking to the dll.

See also this:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Differences_Between_Clang-based_C%2B%2B_Compilers_and_Previous-Generation_C%2B%2B_Compilers

--Constantine