Chances are its Windows UAC that is coming into play.  You've got three
choices;

- Disable UAC entirely (UAC - User Authentication Control or some jazz like
that)
- Have the installer put your program that is NOT in a protected directory
(c:\Program Files; c:\Program Files (x86) for instance)
- Put the database outside the above directories mentioned.  You can find
out via environment variables, or via windows system calls to find out
where "My Documents" is located on the machine (It isn't always c:\Users or
c:\Documents and Settings)