Hi,

I have created a program in VB.net and created an installer. I included the
database file (sqlite) as part of the installer.

My problem is that the first time I install the program to my windows 7 or 8
environment, I can no longer overwrite the file when I try to reinstall the
same.

I have also tried going to the application directory and directly replace
the db fily by copying a clean db file replacing the one that is already
there, and in doing so, the data inside the file remains the same. It does
not change. I also try copy a different named file and delete the existing,
but when I try to rename the new to its supposed file name, the data inside
goes back to the "unclean" db state.

Do you have any idea, why I cannot seem to overwrite my db file?

If I change the installation directory, that is when the db file is
refreshed to a "clean" state, only for the first time install.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rommel