Sorry, but if VS13 is a supported compiler. Then whatever it reports as an
error should be fixed. Not everyone who grabs the amalgam file to compile it
can figure out how to "fix" compiler errors. Are you saying it is not worth
suppressing this error just because it's only in one compiler? That's a rather
odd attitude.

Just ignore it? How will SQLIte work perfectly if it doesn't compile!?!

Look, all that's really needed here is " = 0". Four characters to make everyone
who has to support sqlite3 on VS13 from now on not have to remember to patch
this function in every release that comes after 3.8.6. Your attitude implies I
should patch 3.8.6.1 when it comes out. And 3.8.6.2 and 3.8.7 and so on.

Yes, I'm fully aware that static analysis shows that this local variable does
not NEED initialization. That doesn't mean we should ignore this compiler's
peculiarity. It does not hurt to initialize the variable since I'm sure those
other "better" compilers will optimize the initialization out.

Yes, I'll have a great day in spite of this

Joe