On 11 Sep 2014, at 12:35am, Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
>> Please post a followup to your bugreport mentioning that /the SQLIte
>> developers/ say that the bug is fixed in build 3.8.6.  Apple's report
>> readers will notice it and note the easy fix.
>
> I've just done so.

Good.  Thanks.

> It's not exactly an easy fix, though; SQLite is a core OS X system component,
> used by a lot of OS services and Apple apps, so changing it late in the
> release cycle isn't something they'd do lightly. Especially since there are a
> lot of other changes in 3.8.6, not just this one bug-fix.

Don't worry too much about this.  In the last count of an OS X version I
counted seven different copies of SQLite being used in various places,
integrated into programs, or as libraries, or as the shell tool.  And these are
not all the same version as one-another.  Apple considers each one of these
separately and doesn't have to test every single use when only one is replaced.
 So if you've been clear about which copy "the built-in SQLite library" is they
can replace that one without having to retest everything else that uses SQLite.

Simon