On 12 Sep 2014, at 3:44pm, Drago, William @ MWG - NARDAEAST
<william.dr...@l-3com.com> wrote:

> It seems like a lot of people are unaware of System.Data.Sqlite. This is
> understandable since most people on this list are C programmers not
> .NET/C#/VB developers, but this is the support list for System.Data.Sqlite as
> well as SQLite, isn't it?

All true.

>  Shouldn't we all be aware that anyone asking for help with Visual Studio
> and/or EF6 and/or referencing file names like
> sqlite-netFx451-setup-bundle-x86-2013-1.0.92.0.exe, is asking about
> System.Data.Sqlite?

How would I know that ?  I've never programmed for Visual Studio or for .NET.
I don't really know what they are (and don't need to).  I don't know what names
like 'System.Data.Something' and 'netFx451' indicate.  For all I know they're
something about Android.

There seems to be a confusing multiplicity of possible setups including things
like Visual Studio and Entity Framework.  And they don't all end up needing the
same SQLite package/library/executable/bundle from the same download site.
While numerous people on this list can advise on PRAGMAs or a good way to
phrase something in SQL, to answer questions like that you really need someone
who actually uses that platform, and sometimes even someone who uses that
version of that platform.

So people post questions like this, but their questions don't get answered as
quickly as other questions posted on the same day.  And, reasonably, they think
they're being ignored or their question didn't get posted properly or something.

Would it be possible to write a document for people looking for the right thing
to download and install for their version of .NET or the Visual IDE or whatever
it is ?  Perhaps with a text-based decision table to let readers figure out
which one they want ?  And an explanation like the one I keep seeing about
whether you just need runtime support or whether you also want setup/viewing
integrated into the IDE.  Then if a question includes the words 'Visual Studio'
or .NET, anyone can respond with a pointer to that document as a first
approximation to an answer, whether they understand the question or not.

If such document already exists, could someone post a pointer ?

Simon.