On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Mike Jarmy <mja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could probably use an Entity-Attribute-Value approach to modeling JSON

Yes.

> I can sort of work around needing to query embedded data structures like
> lists and json objects, so EAV would more or less work for me.  Sqlite's
> flexibility with column types could make the EAV approach befairly
> straightforward, I'll see what I come up with.

I wish Postgres had an ANY column type for just this reason.

> But again, the holy grail for me would be to just create a disk-based index
> of the JSON object for each row -- embedded data structures and all --
> similar to how Postgres does it.

Yes, though I'd like the index to use only some JSON paths, not necessarily all.

Either way there would then be a need for support for expressions for
traversing paths in JSON texts.  I am partial to jq myself (but I
maintain it, so I would be).

Nico