If you're using SQLite3.exe (or equivalent CLI - Command Line Interface)
then by default the database id written to memory, not to the disk.  Doing
something like [ sqlite3.exe test.db3] will create a test.db3 file once you
do an actual transaction like creating a table.  I THINK even doing a
select will make the file as well.  If you're writing code in some
language, as Simon suggested, ensure that you're not writing to [ :memory:
] or to a directory that the app has create and write permissions.