I am like you, Gwendal, in that I don't like that behavior in SQLite; however,
not liking it doesn't make it a bug.

The constraint-checking algorithm was defined to work exactly the way it's
working.  When designed, the fact that your type of insert would fail was known
and understood.  Hence, it cannot be considered a bug.

Changing it at this date might be a problem.  While unlikely, there is a
possibility that code exists out there that takes advantage of that particular
design attribute.  Then you get into pragmas and options and the like.  I don't
do any of the development, but I suspect that's a serious pain when there are
other features that are more useful to work on.

So, in short... not a bug, but a design feature that you don't care for.  I'm
sure there's a way to make suggestions or requests to change the design.

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s)
and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise
private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination,
distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.