On 2/12/2015 4:58 PM, Doug Currie wrote:
Well, if TERM_VNULL is 0, then the code is truly unreachable, so I wouldn't
call it a compiler bug.

The point is that TERM_VNULL is controlled by a compiler pre-processor switch and is only unreachable for specific values of that switch - hence if the clang compiler does not understand this (a convention that is used all the time through all sourcecode in the World) then it is a bug in the compiler, or at the very least, a rather glaring misapprehension. Whether the end result evaluates to true for some specific switch value is irrelevant.

Now one could argue the warning should not be issued for it, or some warnings are fine as information. Personally I prefer zero unneeded warnings/clutter but that's just my pedantism.