On 18 Aug 2015, at 4:14am, Paolo Bolzoni <paolo.bolzoni.brown at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In the input and output database I had a table of the same name and using:
>
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS WaysNodes;
>
> sqlite3 was actually deleting the table of the input db, this was
> unexpected as I thought that
> without any prefix it deleted from the main database.

So did I.  I'm glad you have a working solution but there is still something
wrong.  Not only is your text above correct but it shouldn't take 13 hours to
do an integrity check on a 13 Gig database with simple indexes.

I'm still suspecting some kind of hardware problem.  I'll be interested to know
what happens if you ATTACH your copy of the input database, on the other disk,
rather than the original.  Does it still take a very long time ?

Hmm.  What OS are you using again ?  Oh, you used iostat.  Linux.  So not the
Windows pre-read caching bug.  Okay.

Simon.