It seems my system CPUs overheats regularly and so the system throttle
the CPU speed.
It is definitely not good, I need to disassemble my laptop, clean
everything, and probably replace the conductive cpu paste.

However, this does not explain anything. sqlite3 appears IO bound, not
CPU bound: in fact the programs seems to use 5% of the CPU tops.

Any other idea of what can I try? Perhaps my filesystem is misconfigured?