Sent: Dienstag, 25. August 2015 18:55
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Performance problems on windows

On Aug 25, 2015 5:21 AM, "Jakub Zakrzewski" <jzakrzewski at e2e.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The slowdown is confirmed by one of our customers. He uses Win 2008
Server x64. I'm testing on Win7 x64.

This might be obvious in which case my apologies for bringing it up but:
are these systems demonstrating slowness perhaps heavily fragmented? Either the
database is fragmented, other non-SQLite files required by the system, or
especially the master file table? I've seen truly abysmal performance on such
systems myself, depending on IO patterns.

> I'm sure that you're testing each release carefully. We do too. And we
still have weird bugs ;)

> Thanks for interest. If I can provide any useful information, just
> tell
me, what you need. I cannot reveal the source code but some profiling results
or SQL statements are not a secret.

> --
> Gruesse,
> Jakub

Windows from one release to the next (see for example item 23-b on the most
recent release check-list
> https://www.sqlite.org/checklists/private/3081100/index#c23) and it
> gets
better from one release to the next.  So I don't know why you are seeing a
slowdown.

> How do you measure?
>
> On 8/24/15, Jakub Zakrzewski <jzakrzewski at e2e.ch> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I finally got a chance to upgrade SQLite for our product from
> > ancient 3.7.16.2. Initial tests on Linux were very promising -
> > ranging from 33% to even 300% (for one degenerated case) speed
> > improvement. So far
so good.