On 8/27/15, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that https://www.sqlite.org/opcode.html doesn't explicitly say
> what VOpen's p4 column will contain, so I guess one could argue this is
> undocumented behavior we should not rely on, ....

On needn't argue this; it is explicitly stated in the EXPLAIN
documentation (https://www.sqlite.org/lang_explain.html):

   "The output from EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN is intended for
interactive analysis and troubleshooting only. The details of the
output format are subject to change from one release of SQLite to the
next. Applications should not use EXPLAIN or EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN since
their exact behavior is variable and only partially documented."

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org