On 2015/12/09 2:21 PM, David Baird wrote:
> Looks like it's fixed, as long as I stick to new versions. *cross
> fingers* Thanks!

Just to add to my previous reply: It wasn't "fixed", since it was never
before "wrong", it was merely changed in a way that happens to currently
suit your needs, and it might change back or otherwise be altered at
some point in a new version - please don't use it if you depend on the
resulting table order.

In stead, you can do something like (SELECT MAX(ID)+1 FROM StringIntern)
to get the real next-in-line value for the column.