Good day,
As a matter of interest, when calculating interest on a sum of money
expressed in pennies, how do you handle  int arithmetic truncating?
Is that an accounting design rule thing when dealing with fractions of
a penny to round?

Is this an arbitrary quantization?  Once upon a time there existed the Ha'penny
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfpenny_%28British_pre-decimal_coin%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_cent_%28United_States_coin%29

I think the ugly-bags-of-mostly-water indirection was humorous.  I
found it funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Soil

live long and prosper.

Adam