A UNIQUE constraint is implemented in terms of a UNIQUE index anyway. The
difference is that you can DROP INDEX but cannot DROP CONSTRAINT.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michele Pradella [mailto:michele.pradella at selea.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Juli 2015 08:14
An: sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [sqlite] best way to have a constraint over 2 fields

Hi all, I have a question about the best way to have a constrain on a table.
think to a DB with 2 fields in the table ColA and ColB and you don't want to
have multiple records with the same ColA,ColB couple so we can CONSTRAINT
ColA_ColB UNIQUE (ColA,ColB) in the create table or CREATE UNIQUE INDEX
uq_ColA_ColB ON table(ColA, ColB)

which one do you think is better in terms of performance? keep in mind the
table have millions of records and SELECT is the most frequent operation

--
Selea s.r.l.

        Michele Pradella R&D

        SELEA s.r.l.

Via Aldo Moro 69
Italy - 46019 Cicognara (MN)
Tel +39 0375 889091
Fax +39 0375 889080
*michele.pradella at selea.com* <mailto:michele.pradella at selea.com>
*http://www.selea.com*

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: hick at scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.