On 06/11/2015 03:49 AM, Eric Hill wrote:
> Is it a bug that SQLite changes the order of the constraints passed to
> xBestIndex based merely on the order of the ON clause, when SQL (AFAIK) says
> nothing about what the order of the ON clause should be?

No. The order is undefined.

However, it is less than perfect that the constraints on "film_id=" are
marked usable when they are really not. That's the root of your problem
I think - SQLite is asking for the wrong thing. When it eventually
figures out that it can't actually use the plan it requested from
xBestIndex (because the film_id= constraint is not actually usable) it
falls back to a linear scan.

There is now a change on the trunk that should fix this:

   http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/7b446771cadedafb

Dan.