Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:14 AM
To: sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Virtual tables/xBestIndex: Is this a bug?

On 06/11/2015 03:49 AM, Eric Hill wrote:
> Is it a bug that SQLite changes the order of the constraints passed to
> xBestIndex based merely on the order of the ON clause, when SQL (AFAIK) says
> nothing about what the order of the ON clause should be?

No. The order is undefined.

However, it is less than perfect that the constraints on "film_id=" are marked
usable when they are really not. That's the root of your problem I think -
SQLite is asking for the wrong thing. When it eventually figures out that it
can't actually use the plan it requested from xBestIndex (because the film_id=
constraint is not actually usable) it falls back to a linear scan.

There is now a change on the trunk that should fix this:

   http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/7b446771cadedafb

Dan.