On 03/31/2015 05:17 PM, Mark Romero wrote:
> Hey Everyone:
>
> Was there a recent Windows 7 64-bit update that affected SQLite?
>
> A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to have
> long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash, but it
> would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
> responding. This would happen at random times.
>
> It never acted like this before, and I think it started acting funny just
> right after a win 7 64-bit automatic update.
>
> The SLQlite "server" is built into Lightroom, so I have no access to the
> code.
>
> One thing that is strange is that Adobe has another program (Adobe Camera
> Raw) which is nearly identical to lightroom except that Lightroom uses
> SQLite to store data while Adobe Camera Raw writes information into a
> separate file (an XMP Side Cart file). ACR runs fine, while Lightroom has
> problems.
>
> So if you know of a recent windows 7 update that may affect SQLite, please
> let me know. maybe there are drivers I can download somewhere to fix the
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Do you have trouble using SQlite outside of Lightroom?
If not, then you should pursue this issue with the makers of Lightroom.
SQlite is not a server, nor is it likely to even be in the registry of
windows unless you have the sqlite command line application.

This doesn't rule out that a Windows update caused the issue (it's well
known that such updates can cause issues), however the right place to
start asking questions is the exact software in use.

Thanks,
Alex