On 5/15/15, Sairam Gaddam <gaddamsairam at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/yLx1L0uu
>
> When I run the above program, I got the following error
>
> undefined reference to `sqlite3VdbePrintOp'
>
> since the "sqlite3VdbePrintOp" function is SQLITE_PRIVATE
> But when I change SQLITE_PRIVATE to SQLITE_API, I was able to access the
> function.
> Can anyone tell why can't I access in the former case and Is there any way
> to access the same when it is SQLITE_PRIVATE ?

Functions marked SQLITE_PRIVATE are for internal use only.  They
change frequently and without notice.  (One SQLITE_PRIVATE routine was
change in an incompatible way and another was completely removed, just
a few hours ago.)  Between any two point releases of SQLite, you can
expect that dozens of SQLITE_PRIVATE functions will be added, deleted,
and/or modified in ways that would break any application that linked
against them.  Furthermore, those functions have not been tested for
arbitrary inputs, but only inputs that they could have received when
called from inside of SQLite.

Hence, you should never, never use an SQLITE_PRIVATE function in your program.
--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org