Yes we are aware of the Google API. Our business is GPS and GIS traffic data so
we have actually built a lot of the infrastructure ourselves. We have our own
map server running OpenStreetMap, a routing server and database allowing us to
do the same queries as you mention. Its actually a lot quicker than two seconds
in the UK.

Google is great until you want start hitting their limits which aren?t that
high for us (in our opinion) and then they want that scarce commodity, money,
hence we build our own stuff. Our business model wants a lot of clients, so its
cheaper to do our own.

Rob