On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 6:16 PM, E.Pasma <pasma10 at concepts.nl> wrote:

> Based on that I created function mprint() as limited version of mprintf.
> It accepts no format, only a value parameter. Furthermore, if called with
> no parameter at all, it returns the last printed value.

The problem with such a function is that it's non-deterministic, i.e. the
result is not purely dependent on its arguments, at least for the no-arg
overload.

And when you go into that territory, all kind of weird things can happen,
and the way optimizations play out (or not) is definitely unclear (to me
for sure).

See all the recent threads about queries/statements involving random() in
them (random() the quintessential non-deterministic function!).

So the question is more whether your query (2x as fast) is valid for SQL in
general, and whether it's guaranteed to return a valid result-set in this
and *future* versions of SQLite IMHO.

I'm not qualified to answer that one though. --DD