On Apr 12, 2016, at 2:38 AM, Simon Slavin <slavins at bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2016, at 2:56am, Jose I. Cabrera <jicman at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe this should be something to think about, and perhaps add it as part of
>> the results or reported items of .schema.  Also, only update the date if
>> completion successful.  The reason why it's important is that I have a
>> script that runs every week, but lately, it appears as if it is failing, but
>> the log files say it is running.  However, the searches are getting slower
>> and slower.
>
> You should not need to run ANALYZE very often.  Perhaps once a year.  The
> only exceptions are when your database schema changes or if the entire nature
> of the data in it changes.

Yeah? the last time VACUUM was run seems like a much more useful data point.
Or the number of database edits made since the last run, which is likely a more
useful metric.

  -j

--
Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y @ K R E I B I.C H >

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it, but showing
it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them feel uncomfortable." --
Angela Johnson