On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:19 PM, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 2/18/16, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks again to all for the feedback and suggestions!
> >

> After your talk, can we publish your calendar CTE as another example
> in the SQLite documentation?

i would be humbled. No need to wait for the presentation (still no time
slot scheduled - might be 4-6 weeks). i'll shoot it off to you once i've
added some comments about what each part is for.

i got the last-line-truncated problem solved (missing a clause in a
group-by), so it currently looks like:

select str from strMonth sm
  where sm.year=2016 and sm.monthNum in (1,2,3)
;

[stephan at host:~/tmp]$ sqlite3 < cal.sql
----------------------
      Jan 2016
              1  2  3
  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

----------------------
      Feb 2016
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7
  8  9 10 11 12 13 14
 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
 29

----------------------
      Mar 2016
     1  2  3  4  5  6
  7  8  9 10 11 12 13
 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
 28 29 30 31

NOW to try to mark the current day... no... i'll leave that as an exercise
for the attendees!

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/