> select * from t1 where col1 = ?1+?2 and col2=?1-?2;
>
> What should be the expected output of your hypothetical generic way for a
> statement like this?
>
> You seem to assume a one-to-one correspondence between columns and
> placeholders. This assumption doesn't generally hold.

I know that there are cases where placeholders do not match a column value.
In these cases, I am expecting NULL for column and table names, just like
sqlite3_column_origin_name is returning for SELECT when produced data is
not a table column.
These situation does not occur often in our code base at least, and I don't
care to just ignore unit dimensions then.