PRAGMA JOURNAL_MODE=MEMORY

From: Jeff Archer<mailto:jeffarch...@gmail.com>
Sent: 2016年7月6日 22:10
To:
Subject: [sqlite] Problem with savepoints

Hi All,
I am a long time SQLite user but have generally used it from C++ in the
past.  In this project however, I am attempting to make a JDBC wrapper and
use from Android a newer version of SQLite (3.12.2) than that provided by
Android 4.2.2 (3.7.11).  Basically, what I have is SQLite compiled with the
NDK into a static library and then a Java wrapper to provide the JDBC
interfaces.  My application is then attempting to use the JDBC interfaces
to operate on the database.  This is generally working.  I can create/open
databases, add/retrieve data, etc. including making use of databases that
are originally created from the native android SQlite (3.7.11)

I have run into a strange issue when attempting to use savepoints.
I create first a transaction with "begin",
then create the outer savepoint "SAVEPOINT SQLITE_SAVEPOINT_1".  This
savepoint will be released after 8 groups have been inserted.
Next, for each of the 8 groups of data a group save point is created
"SAVEPOINT SQLITE_SAVEPOINT_2", data is inserted with sqlite3_step()
returning SQLITE_DONE, then savepoint is released "RELEASE SAVEPOINT
SQLITE_SAVEPOINT_2"
Repeat this successfully for groups 2 through 7.
Group 8 however can only do 26 successful inserts and on the 27th
sqlite3_step() is returning SQLITE_CANTOPEN (14).

This description is of having 128 inserts per group.  The exact number of
inserts seems to be dependent upon the length of the text being inserted
but as long as data does not change the failure point is predictable.

CREATE TABLE variables (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, name TEXT NOT
NULL, value TEXT NOT NULL)

INSERT INTO variables VALUES (null, '', '')

sqlite version 3.12.2

Thanks,

Jeff