On 23 Jul 2016, at 2:24pm, R Smith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> No, it's not possible to forge permanent references to/from temporary tables
> - it defies the objective of being "temporary".

The other way around should fine, though: use a permanent table to ensure that
only legitimate values appear in a temporary table.

>  I will in fact be surprised to find out you can even reference another temp
> table... perhaps this might be possible since both tables will definitely
> cease to exist upon connection closure.

I don't see why this shouldn't be allowed.  Assuming that the 'parent'
temporary table has the appropriate index.  SQLite doesn't support CREATE
TEMPORARY UNIQUE INDEX but it should understand that an index created on a
temporary table is temporary.

Simon.