> On Oct 9, 2016, at 10:41 AM, Howard Chu <h...@symas.com> wrote:
>
> As for code freshness, I've seen no compelling new features from 3.8.x onward
> that would improve performance so there's been no reason to update further.

Perhaps, but there’s important new functionality in newer versions, such as
partial indexes and indexes on expressions.

If it’s a personal project for you, or a tech demo, then it’s understandable
for you to drop it when it stops being interesting; but if this is something
intended for other people to use, they’re going to want to see it supported
going forward (the way SQLCipher is, for instance.) It would be nice to add a
note to the readme saying something like “FYI, this is based on SQLite 3.7.17
and there are no plans to sync with newer versions.”

—Jens