On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:15:14AM -0400, John scratched on the wall:
> As you can tell, I don't have much experience with sql. I was going in the
> timeout direction because simply resending the command several seconds
> after the locked error occurred seemed to return the correct value. My plan
> is to implement Michael's suggestion and if the error continues to occur,
> place a rollback in an error handler and move on from there. Is that
> reasonable or am I still missing something?

  That sounds fine.  The main point I was trying to make is that there
  are some (rare) situations when a timeout value will not solve every
  problem, even if the server has very light concurrency needs.  There
  are situations when the handler will still return a SQLITE_BUSY error,
  and you're only choice is to rollback and start over.  The timeout
  should catch and handle the vast, vast majority of SQLITE_BUSY errors,
  however.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson