On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 08:44:18PM -0800, Frank Conradie wrote:
> In sqlbuilder the "Replace" expression currently inherits from "Update",
> but in MySQL, according to their official docs, "REPLACE works exactly
> like INSERT", i.e. "REPLACE INTO ...". Thus it looks like it should
> rather inherit from "Insert" (just replacing the "INSERT" with "REPLACE").

   The syntax is (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/replace.html):

REPLACE [LOW_PRIORITY | DELAYED]
     [INTO] tbl_name
     SET col_name={expr | DEFAULT}, ...

   That is, it's much more UPDATE (because of SET) than INSERT (that uses
a list of names and a list of values, not name/value pairs).

PS. Forgive me for not answering so long.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            [EMAIL PROTECTED]