Ah, quick answers, some more civilized then others.

DJanGo wrote:
> hi, mea culpa but a long text with many gnarf in it...
>
> I would agree to that.
> In my opinion the whole "folder" stuff is a oldish and why someone want
> to use the BMF is beyond me - there is a database behind lms so use it.
>
> I add track that i "found" when i do the search on the left front
> panel.
> I add a playlist right inside lms with no probs and save it just by a
> click of the right bottom and give that playlist a name.
>
> And the other stuff you packaged here is just the same*- i had a 2
> second look - no deeper and just want to fool you with some longish text
> that i have no idea or waiting for a fish from you.-*
> Do your homework - get your self the fish - i only want to spend some
> fish sticks.
I'm not sure about the fish but you sure know how to insult people. You
might find the interface to your liking but I don't. I don't like
clicking around on links to find the music I want. I like the overview
of looking in folders and draging what songs or albums I want in a list.
Thats why I have been using Foobar to make playlists. I don't like the
way you make playlist using the LMS webUI. And before you tell me to
search for alternative UIs I'm already working on it.

alverus wrote:
> And to prove that your rant is just stupid follow the link:
> https://code.google.com/p/extgui4lms/ .
> You are just not able to look in the plugin-section of your LMS but
> crying around that the web-interface is so bad...
> Get your shit done... :mad:I know how to look in the plugin folder and I'm
> not crying. Why do you
feel the need to insult me? Just because i dint use the search function
correctly?

pippin wrote:
> Why, Why?
> Why do you write a rant without even checking the basics?
>
> The whole server is open source and has a nice API. You are free to fix
> it and there are plenty of 3rd party UIs for it, starting with my iPeng
> which has been around for almost 8 years now (the web version, the App
> for 7) so this is actually nothing new (and no, iPeng was by no means
> the first, there were plenty of 3rd party web skins even long before
> it).
>
> In fact I have never seen any other audio system that has so many
> different 3rd party interfaces for it. There are plenty of Apps for
> mobile devices, home automation systems, XBMC, alternative web
> interfaces, everything...
First, iPeng is prehaps what I'm looking for. It looks good but I dont
have an iPhone or an iPad to test it or use it. I don't run windows 8+
or windows phone and my very old Android phone is not something I use
for apps so I haven't been looking for any.

Didn't think my poorly worded rant whould cause so much hate. Sorry
about that. It came about after a day of LMS not working. Files not
showing up in folders, playlist not working (songs not displaying in the
playlist and causing some strange grafic bugs), and the DB not updating.
I will look aroiund and see if i can find something that makes LMS work
better for Me. Beleave it or not I have actually looked around the web
for fixes to MY problems with LMS. True it was 1-2 years ago but I din't
find anything that fixed MY problems then so I didn't think I would now.