SQLite, unlike most other databases like eg. MySQL, is an embedded database.
There's no sqlite application or server. But the whole database code is built
in to the application (the DBI::SQLite Perl module in our case). Therefore
you'll have to either use Perl for your application or find a SQLite
implementation for your language of choice.