marcoc1712 wrote:
> You are welcome,
>
> About performance, Crackles and pops - if your DAC is supporting the
> sent format and you restarted it after changes - are symptom that you
> are asking too much from your system, probably Atom is not adeguate for
> server purpose, when upsampling. Firts things to try is increase the
> buffer size in Squeezelite (with 192/24 wav a minimal setting is -b
> 16384:16384, but if you have enough memory, you could even double them
> or more) and use greater period size in alsa (lower period size =
> greater CPU usage).
>
> I use an old AMD Dual core 6000+ 3GHz with 4 GB Ram, Ubuntu 15.04 and I
> could esaily upsample form 44100 to 384Khz and decode form any codec to
> WAV or AIFF, SOX is sometime using 50% of CPU, but never had a crash of
> LMS.
>
> Realy strange Squeezelite crash, if launched without -u, it should use
> very, very low cpu (< 1%) and less than 50 Mb (depending on buffer
> size). A lot of people use it on a Futro S450, that's a sempron Thin
> Client, with 1 GB RAM with great results, I have an AlixBoard and an
> Atom  miniPc and  never had a problems, works very well even on tiny ARM
> devices.
>
> Could you please post the squeezelite-R2 command line and maybe its
> log?
>
> Thanks a lot.
I'm not going to try any more tests now, since I don't think I can get
this working well enough for all my devices at the same time.

The command line for squeezelite when using C-3PO is something like:

/home/me/bin/squeezelite-x86-64 -o hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 -a 60 -f
/var/log/squeezeboxserver/squeezelite.log -m 00:00:00:00:00:98 -n
VBslite -s localhost:3483 -r 192000-192000

When running without C-3PO I currently upsample flacs to squeezelite at
24/192000 and that's sufficient for my needs - I add -u vLX to get
this.

I'm afraid I have no log - Sorry.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.