philippe_44 wrote:
> Hi Tim - I've not gone through the whole post in details, but is there
> some specific goal you have ? I can work on making sq2u adaptation for
> you if you want toHi philippe.  No, not really.  I started looking for a
> current version
of squeezelite (to make sure I could get one when googlecode goes away)
and was just trying this out at the same time.  After a while I reckoned
that C-3PO would only work with upsampling for squeezelite (but am still
not sure why it wouldn't work with sq2u if upsampling to flac - if that
works).  I then got into a muddle I never really got out of, and decided
that unless sq2u was fully compatible the exercise was mostly not worth
my while since most of my listening is through sq2u (for which still
many thanks).  If sq2u and C-3PO were compatible, then I might use it to
upsample tracks as wav 24/192000 to my M1 CLiC renderer   Of course it's
possible that wouldn't work due to some renderer limitation but I
believe it should (one never knows.....).

Having said that, I can't suggest it's worth your effort just for me to
play around with, unless others want something like it as well (putting
the processing load on the server, although increasing the network load
on the renderer).  I'm also somewhat concerned that I might get other
issues using C-3PO.  It seems to disable several transcodings, which
could give me other problems.  For instance, my M1 CLiC isn't very happy
with aac, so I transcode that to flac (for use with the BBC iPlayer).

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.