Breadwinna wrote:
> That's the one 'jfo', just checked the tags and the naughty discs were
> hiding under the guise of 'no album' for the album tag.  I re-ripped one
> of the discs and made sure a unique album title was given in the
> dbpoweramp album field, copied it to the vortex box and then rescanned
> the library, bingo!, all ok.
>
> This has been an interesting experience and I have learnt a lot, I have
> also realised there is so much I don't know about this system.
>
> Thanks very much to all who have helped me towards the light.  Guess I
> have a lot of tag editing to do. I will keep an eye on the forum for
> more interesting info etc.
>
> Nigel.

A tip for you. You don't need to re-rip the CD to make a simple tag
change. You could use the Edit-ID tag function in Windows Explorer to
add the Album name. Just bring up the tracks in the right pane, select
them all and right click to open the edit menu. Select the Album field
and add the name. If you select a single track it will show the specifcc
track info. If you select all tracks the fields will show <different>.
In either case you can just enter the new info.