I have local music directories stored as favourites.  When I click on
play icon from the favourites view, they play okay.  When I attempt to
do the same via the Play/Pause button in the player window, nothing
happens.  When I try to play using the play icon for the entries in the
playlist view, that doesn't work either.  I am attempting to integrate
this with my home automation, so issue the 'favourites playlist play
command' - that command works fine for the radio stations I have in my
favourites (again organised into folders), but not for the local music
folders (on the NAS, contrast with internet radio) - the local music
folders just have a different index (position) in the favourites and as
I said playback is okay from the favourites view (not just from the main
player view or the player playlist view/window).