If an album is titled "0" (that is, all of the flac files for its tracks
have the Album tag set to the character zero, without quotes) then the
scanner treats it as if no album tag is present and LMS shows the tracks
under the virtual album "No Album".

Ok, I can see where this is coming from: in Perl 0 is the same as false or an empty string, if treated in a boolean context. Most likely there's some lazy check like "if there's no name, then set it to no album". I can look into this. Setting the name to "0" (incl. the hyphens) would certainly "fix" this.

May I ask what album this is?
--

Michael