Hi, first let me say thanks to everyone on this forum as I've
fixed/improved a bunch of stuff by reading all this information.
Second, just installed 7.9 with max2play.  Works great!  No on to the
question.

OK, I'll just admit it, I can't really understand how do deal with play
list.  Here's what I'd like to do:

I'm in a band and we practice multiple times a week.  As we work on
songs, we record them and I store them in folders.  All I really want to
do is go to a play list, such as "Current Band Songs", remove a few
entries and add a few entries (the new songs from the most recent
practice).  I don't see this as very different than other users wanting
to add or remove songs. So, open the playlist, then go to my folder with
the new songs, try to add them to the playlist, delete a few songs and
save it.  And what I get is some kind of new play list with only the new
songs.  It's just too complicated  (yeah, I know you can add from the
command line, but I don't think anyone actually does that).  So, are
there add on apps that just let you right click or drag and drop songs
to a play list?  Perhaps just let me right click an song, hover over
'add to playlist' see a list of playlist and drop it on there and have
it be added (like Jriver?)

As a last resort, I'm now building playlist in Jriver.  So easy!  You
just select songs, right click and add them to and existing play list
and then add/delete songs with ease.  You can even create new playlist
from a group of songs with a few clicks.  The only drawback is that I
can't see any songs in my playlist.  I opened Jriver, made a list,
exported a standard .m3u file, went into squeezebox, scanned, then go to
play list and see the list, but not the songs.  So I'm a little stuck.

I'm looking for advice on a simple way to:

Create a playlist
Delete songs
Add songs

Thanks in advance for any help!