PS I can't see Michael having the time to pick up the Synology LMSrepack

Unfortunately... considering the fact that our existing build systems are in havoc, there's no plan to add more... Need to fix what we have first. When I find time :-(.

thing. I am pretty sure that he himself operates a Pi + NAS set up these
days anyway.

That's correct: in the office I'm using pCP on a Pi3 to serve files from a ReadyNAS Duo v2 (though I got Spotty working on this today :-)). At home I use a Linux PC for many server duties, incl. Samba and LMS.

--

Michael