eduardoo wrote:
> Thanks, Robert.
>
> That's an idea I might need to consider, but it does involve an extra
> box (though very small) and another power plug in my jungle of AV and
> hifi hardware in the living room.
>
> A couple of questions for a real-life user:
> 1.  In your configuration, when you prompt something to play, do you
> know if the files would go directly from the NAS to the switch to the
> SB, or does it go to switch, to Pi, back to switch, then to SB?
>
> 2.  Given that Pi has very little ram compared to an computer or NAS
> (mine has 3GB), does it run well with large libraries (I have 120,457
> tracks amongst 11,665 albums and growing)?
>
> 3. Do you notice any performance difference in speed or audio quality
> compared with running LMS on NAS?
>
> Thanks again.

Consider an intel NUC with such a library ? but the PI is so cheap so
you can get one and try , if its to weak make a player of it.

And have server and NAS not in the hif rack in the living room :) thats
what a network is for, dump the server in a closet.
Mine sites besides my main router and switch from where all the ethernet
wiring in my home is distrubuted.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )