eduardoo wrote:
> Thank you all for the responses.
>
> To address some of your responses/queries/ideas.
>
> 1.  Yes, the same thing had been posted to QNAP forum.  Let's see what
> (if anything) happens.
> 2.  I worry about the RAM/ Pi performance issues because one of the
> reasons I upgraded to the current NAS from an ARM/512GB ram one was that
> it was struggling with my library (which was smaller back then about 5
> years ago)
> 3.  I'll look around and see what would be an appropriate machine to run
> a clean and simple LMS.  Just out of curiosity, I have this ancient
> thing doing nothing much at home:
> https://www.msi.com/product/tablet/WindPad-110W.html
> It's now running 8GB ram / 50G SSD with Windows 10 (I can change its OS
> if necessary).  If a attach an 100M ethernet dongle to its only USB
> outlet, do you think it'll run better or worse than a Pi?
>
> Thanks.

The Windows machine should be quicker but in practise may not be due to
all the (unnecessary) things that Windows does in the background -
Windows updates, file system scanning, volume shadow copy etc.

*Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS*
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
*Office* - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN
755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones