PHAZBLADE wrote:
> Another vote for going with the Pi here  :)
>
> I still have my Qnaps, really stuck with them because of Squeezebox
> Server
>
> The Pi still uses them as the storage, works magic, and with the Spotty
> App, Spotify works great as well
>
> Since using the Pi, I have allowed them (the Qnaps) all to do their
> updates and LMS has gone ....... on them

For me the hassle of updating LMS via SSOTS was the main reason I
switched to using a Pi3 as a server. Oh, and the fact that periodically
the QNAP system updates would break LMS. And the fact that SSOTS is no
longer maintained (and there was that Bash vulnerability). Also, using
the Pi means that I can use Spotty.

The versatility of the Squeezebox system continues to impress. At home I
have a Touch, two Radios and two Raspberry Pi players streamed from LMS
running on a Raspberry Pi3 with the music library on a QNAP NAS. In my
office I have LMS running on a Western Digital WiFi enabled Passport 2Tb
drive, with a Raspberry Pi as a player. All my Raspberry Pi devices are
using piCorePlayer, and all work very well.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob