Hi,

In article <7241d97c-4355-75b3-9828-33bef7361...@herger.net>,
           Michael Herger<s...@herger.net> wrote:
> The biggest unknown is Linux/tarballs. Not only are there so many I
> can't test them all. But the new system is resulting in smaller
> binaries, in particular the .deb hosts. From what I understand dpkg is
> using more efficient compression in recent revisions. I certainly hope
> this is the reason for the smaller package size...

Just for information, there's a 'debdiff' program that might be useful in
double checking what has changed between two packages.

Can you give me the the filename of the last .deb build using the 'old'
system, and the first built using the 'new' one? I'll have a look at what
has changed between them.

Thanks

Andy