mherger wrote:

> Optionally you could pass a playlist_index value, referring to the item
> in your playlist you'd like to use as a preset. You'd have to use status
>
> or something to figure out what the values of the currently playing
> track are.

I think I'm unlikely to want to set a single track as a preset.
Initially the preset functionality for the Boom seemed a little
counter-intuitive (hence my mistake that Kidstypike spotted), but now I
realise that it's the only way to distinguish between a playlist and a
single track - if the preset was to be created from the Now Playing
track then LMS would not know whether to preset the track or the
playlist.  Navigating to the playlist, or drilling down to the specific
track, removes that ambiguity.

In my case, with a player that has no navigation controls, I'll have to
choose - should a long-press store the playlist or the track?  I think a
playlist makes more sense. So that simplifies my scripting task I think.